Support for More BLF Functions for Yealink Phones

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by rayfield, Oct 19, 2017.

Support for More BLF Functions for Yealink Phones 5 5 27votes
5/5, 27 votes

1. rayfield

rayfield New Member

I was happy to see 'Change Status' as a new function in the BLF setup area for extensions in latest versions of 3CX. But, there are a lot more that the Yealink phones can support, such as 'Prefix'.

It would be nice if more (maybe all?) of the functions that can be programmed in a Yealink phone could be made available in the BLF setup area in 3CX.

For example, the 'Prefix' functionality is great. This allows a button to be programmed for "Intercom", which simply generates the *9, so that the phone user can press this "Intercom" button, followed by either the extension number or even a BLF button that has been programmed with the extensions in the system. Thus, the user doesn't have to remember the *9 code.

But, that function isn't available in the BLF setup in 3CX for extensions. So, I have to leave the desired key 'Blank' and then program the desired key in the phone through the phone's web interface. The problem is that if I have to reprovision the phone for anything else, then that key is set back to 'blank'. Then I have to program it again directly in the phone. This is not good, if the system has a lot of phones. Of course, I could modify the template in 3CX, but that should usually be a 'last resort', if 3CX doesn't include something that we need in the phone.

John Rayfield, Jr.

Woodster and stever like this.
  2. the60

the60 New Member

Outstanding!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ATGNick

Some of our clients need the Yealink prefix key. Custom templates are highly frowned upon by 3cx and I don't want to use them, but as of right now, we have no other options. Please add support for this feature!

Thanks,
    Nick

4. timmbo

5. carolinainnovative

6. Woodster

7. ctni