Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Support for Patton 4118 4FXO/4FXS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wgt, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wgt

wgt

Has anyone successfully configured a Patton 4118 with 4FXO/4FXS ports? If so, can you provide some guidance?
    I do not see the option in the UI for this configuration.

Thanks..

Bill

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

For what do you plan to use the 4 fxs ports exactly? Have you attempted to use the template for the 4114 4 fxo port device? Id try that and definitely get on the line with Patton support they are really good at what they do and would be your best resource in this case.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. joebocop

I am also interested in this thread. Would the FXS ports be usable by analog fax machines? Seems like an ideal device for 4 analog pstn lines and 4 fax machines in the building.

Thanks for the wisdom.

4. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

You will have to manually provision this with 3CX. The 3CX templates don't support mixed use devices (e.g. fxo and fxs at the same time).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. wgt

wgt

Thanks all for the reply's. :) The best bet here is to contact Patton for assistance. They helped modify a 4114 FXO config by adding the info for the 4 FXS ports. I now have all 8 ports registered!

I'm using the 4118 for 4 POTS lines (FXO) and the 4 FXS lines are for legacy devices. Those being door phones and a couple of analog Polycom conference room phones, which are expensive to replace with SIP versions.

--Bill

6. abergman

Hi Bill,

I am also trying to do exactly the same thing you have achieved. I am a technician in VIC - Australia - Not sure if Patton has an AU Support but was wondering if you had any advice on how to modify the 4114 FXO Config File as you suggested

Would you happen to have a copy of the modified config you could possibly share just as an example to work from ?

Many Thanks

Adam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.