Support for SNOM C520

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Martin Konold, Jan 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin Konold

Jan 26, 2018
    it was previously mentioned that SNOM is a supported brand.

Also in August 2017 you mentioned upcoming support for the SNOM C520.

This phone appears in the phone list on the management console but cannot be assigned any extension.

When can we expect support for SNOM C520?

It also seems some people managed to connect this device anyway

Is there any documentation how to manually connect in the meantime this currently unsupported SIP phone to the 3CX server?

2. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Aug 15, 2017

As a brand snom is supported but as models are bought out they need to be approved by 3CX. What this means is that currently the C520 does not have a provisioning template available for it so manual setup is the only way to go.

I know in SP3 of v15.5 we can expect to see Yealinks new conference phone the CP920 but I have not heard anything about the snom C520 being approved by 3CX just yet, perhaps one of the 3CX team can comment on this ?

For now anyway if you want to get the phone setup manually it is quite simple:

If connected locally within the same subnet then you will need to login to the snoms interface and setup and account where the registrar/server address is the local IP of 3CX and the username and password is that of the extension on the 3CX system (this must be setup prior to doing this).

If you have a hosted system (you have not said where you are setting this up from) although currently un-supported I would recommend the use of the 3CX SBC. You can setup as above but instead of using the local IP of the system for registration use that of the SBC itself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.