Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Supported 8 port FXO gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fonewiz, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fonewiz

I do not see any 8 port FXO gateways in the 3CX supported list.

I have experience using the 4 port FXO gateways by a company that starts with a G and ends with an M which is apparently a dirty word on these forums and they work well. I have not used them however with 3CX.

Should I use what I know? Has anyone used one of these forbidden gateways with 3CX?

I would prefer to use something that's supported by 3CX but I don't see anything on the list that supports 8 PSTN lines.

Should I use 2 of the Patton 4 port FXO units? Has anyone done this and does 3CX work well with that setup?

Basically, I need to do an on premise 3CX with 8 analog lines because that's what I am stuck with for the time being. The solution will go to SIP at some point but in the meantime, I have 8 PSTN lines to work with.

Any help or recommendations are really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm sure that someone must be using the Gxxxxm, in fact I believe that they provide templates on their site for use with 3CX. You can use two, four port gateways, it means having two trunk groups. For most people it's not a big deal, you just have to create a second route in the outbound rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.