Supported 8 port FXO gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fonewiz, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fonewiz

I do not see any 8 port FXO gateways in the 3CX supported list.

I have experience using the 4 port FXO gateways by a company that starts with a G and ends with an M which is apparently a dirty word on these forums and they work well. I have not used them however with 3CX.

Should I use what I know? Has anyone used one of these forbidden gateways with 3CX?

I would prefer to use something that's supported by 3CX but I don't see anything on the list that supports 8 PSTN lines.

Should I use 2 of the Patton 4 port FXO units? Has anyone done this and does 3CX work well with that setup?

Basically, I need to do an on premise 3CX with 8 analog lines because that's what I am stuck with for the time being. The solution will go to SIP at some point but in the meantime, I have 8 PSTN lines to work with.

Any help or recommendations are really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm sure that someone must be using the Gxxxxm, in fact I believe that they provide templates on their site for use with 3CX. You can use two, four port gateways, it means having two trunk groups. For most people it's not a big deal, you just have to create a second route in the outbound rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.