• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Supported Fax ATA is nowhere to be found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris ODaniel

Reaction score
I am trying to add a fax ata to my 3cx 15.5 pbx. I see the only supported one is the welltech ata. It seems like that product is no longer manufactured. I cannot find a supplier for it. What are some other options? Has anyone been able to get a Cisco spa112 ATA working?

There used to be support for a number of ATAs in past versions, sadly, that is no longer the case. Faxing through an ATA is not an exact science, and can fail for a number of reasons. Any ATA that supports t.38 should work, but you will most likely have to manually provision. Be sure that the ATA is installed on an Fax extension in 3CX. As long as you provider supports t.38, you should be able to place outgoing faxes. In some cases, the fax machine may have to have certain features changed to support VoIP, check the manual. Incoming faxes are a different story as 3Cx is designed to intercept faxes and store and forward on it's own. this isn't to say it's not going to work, just that you may have to do some tweaking.

There have been some recent posts regarding use of fax on the SPA112, so you may have some resources to ask for help.

Use Patton MATA or AudioCodes Mediant MP-112 or similar. Cisco ATA are not working reliably with T.38

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeontheMike
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.