Supported Phones List - Is that the Full List?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Psychlist1972, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychlist1972

Does the supported phones list (http://www.3cx.com/support/sip-phones.html) include just things that 3CX has had the opportunity to test, or is there a specific requirement that keeps the other phones out of the list?

In particular, I'm interested in some wireless-g phones like the Linksys WIP300.

If something specific, what specifically should I be looking for to rule something out or to include it as a potential phone?

Thanks.

Pete

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jlebeau

I am currently using 2 of the WIP300 phones with my setup and they are working ok so far. There are a couple of things, such as the * key not working for call pickups, that are a little annoying, but for making and receiving calls, they work well enough.

3. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

This is just the list that we had time to test. If I am not mistaken there are probably a few more that we tested since and perhaps didn't get a chance to update the list. This doesn't mean that they will not work with 3cx. List is a reccomendation that means "don't go buying 30 phones for a new company implementation if you haven't tested with 1 first with our system unless its in the list"

4. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Hi jlebeau,

I am currently using the WIP330. My phone is very hot during on air. How about the WIP300? It should be for internal use ONLY, I cannot found STUN option at the phone. I not sure it's coming firmware can support STUN or not. I prefer all the SIP phone can support STUN. Otherwise, it will be for internal use ONLY.

Regards,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Psychlist1972

Thanks all

Thanks all

I am going to use one of the supported soft phones on my PC (where I am for most calls), and then give my wife the Linksys WIP300 assumping that works. She needs wireless for upstairs, and there aren't many choices there right now.

The WIP330 looks even nicer, but I can't justy the 2x cost difference right now :)

I ordered the WIP300 today.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.