Supported/Recommended DECT handsets

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pjr, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjr

pjr New Member

Since SNOM are no longer officially supported, can anyone advise as to if there is a supported by 3CX DECT option?

Also if anyone has any experience with using DECT SIP phones sucessfully with V10 I would be interested in hearing what you are using?

Thanks

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi Paul,
    I have used both Snom M9 and Gigaset DECT phones. Shortly I am going to use a KXT Dect phone that should allow roaming between base stations. Both work fine with version 10, although not supported.

Richard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Richard... Which Pany model will you be using? Am curious as I use them, but while rumored to be coming, I have not seen the one that allows roaming between base stations.

I have been using the kX-tgp500 and 550 quite frequently and really like them save 2 issues:

1. The web interface must be turned on manually and then has a timeout after which it must be turned on again
    2. The phone book is a download that also must be done manually. I use the Aastra phone book and then save in a unicode format.

4. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    The DECT phones that I will be testing is the RTX8660 - not the Panasonic KXT. These are meant to allow roaming between base stations and are a very reasonable price. I'll let you know how it goes. The web interface looks good. Preliminary testing shows that they are easy to set up, but at the moment the two base stations are at very different levels of firmware - so it is no use testing for roaming until I get them the to the same level. This is potentially for a school, as they have a number of staff that roam around a large site.

Richard

5. Jaco Kriel

Hi there

Any luck with these devices?

6. aberry

aberry New Member

Sorry, didn't check date on this thread - super old.

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Check latest news on this. We have new DECT / ATA provisioning in V15 Sp4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.