• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Supporting Cisco 79xx phones in 3CX v15 - new PumpKIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

briankayser

Customer
Reaction score
I'm looking to see what interest there would be for an updated PumpKIN TFTP server that supports "HTTP Gets" on the backend.

Anyone using Cisco 79xx phones on 3CX v15 knows that it is now a royal pain to provision these phones because after any change to an extension you have to download and save the SIP{mac}.cfg file to the provisioning folder manually.

Well... what if the phones could request their files via TFTP to PumpKIN and then PumpKIN could fetch the files (not from a C: drive folder) but from a URL? Your 3CX provisioning URL! Basically perform a TFTP to HTTP proxy! This could even be helpful in some places where TFTP has trouble traversing firewalls, you could install PumpKIN TFTP on a local PC and have it proxy out to the 3CX HTTP provisioning folder. The TFTP traffic would remain local.

Well, I've been in communication with the author of PumpKIN, Michael Krelin, and while he's a little afraid of his ancient mothballed code, he is willing to take a look and possibly have this feature added by early 2017.

Please respond to this post if you would at all be interested in this feature so I can gauge the interest level. It would still be totally free / donation optional. I offered to make a decent donation to get things rolling as he said he's only received about $20 total over 20 years of donations. I think 3CX should buck up something!

Let me know if this is something that would help you're situation!!

Hi Brian

yes am looking for a solution like this it would be a great help if it would be available... is it in the meantime made available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.