survey (VAD)

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by pondsenth, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pondsenth

i have project about survey

customer call to call-center

callflow transfer to Queue Ex Press 1 Sell-Queue Press 2 Buy-Queue

how i know what extension(agent) answer customer?
    i have to insert extension to database

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @pondsenth,

When you transfer the call to the queue, you don't know which agent will take it. If you're collecting some data in the VAD app, and need that information later related to the agent call, you can use the Call ID to bind the info. From the VAD, you need to get the Call ID, save the info entered by the user into a database along with the Call ID. Then when the call is transfered to an agent, you could create a CRM plug-in to do the same, that is getting the Call ID and save it into the database. That way you can bind both legs.

In order to get the Call ID, you need to use the 3CX Call Control API. In the VAD for v15 it will be easier, because the Call ID will be available as a property. In the VAD v14 you need to create a DLL using the 3CX Call Control API and get it from there. On the CRM plug-in side, you need to use the 3CX Call Control API as well, but as that is an API only available in the 3CX server, you need to expose it using a web service for example, so the CRM plug-in running in the 3CXPhone client machine can access it.

Hope the information helps.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pondsenth

Thank you for reply
    if i not create 3cx Call Control API
    Can I select data in 3CX database (Database Access Component can Access 3CX database?)

Ex I need to know Agent when Queue transfer
    I think in 3CX Database have details about this

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @pondsenth,

No, you can't use the Database Access component from the VAD, because as soon as you transfer the call from the VAD app, this VAD app finishes. The agent will take the call a bit later, and the information is not inserted into the 3CX database until the call ends. So the only way is using the 3CX Call Control API, as I explained before, and you need to use it from both sides (from the VAD app and from a CRM plug-in you need to create).

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.