Switch Company / personal Caller ID from Smartphone App

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MSmeets, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSmeets

Let's say my Smarphone has also a personal number inside 3CX. It alows some of my clients to call me direct on my smartphone (without giving my real mobile number).

Is it possible to easy switch my displayed number when I call my clients?

Sometimes I want to show the Company's phonenumber (Because I do not want they call me directly)
    And sometimes I want to show my personal numer (Digid) to my client, so he knows it's me calling direct from my mobile.

I hope someone understands my questions!

I tried to find other items on this forum but it's difficult to find something usefull (maybe because I am using wrong keywords)

THANKYOU everyone for help me.

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Use second trunk and outbound rule (prefix to reach that trunk) when calling customers, e.g. '9' plus number when calling with company's caller id and '0' plus number, or only number, when calling with your personal caller ID.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  3. MSmeets

Hi Sip.BG,
    thank you very very mucht for your reply!

your sollutions gives me 2 problems:

1. How do you add a 9 to an existing Contact before calling? (instead of editing a contact)
    2. In the case I add a aditional Trunk, then I have to pay aditional fee to my hosting provider

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

1. If you want to add '9' always for specific contacts only, may be the easiest way is to edit a phonebook, otherwise (for dynamic use) just create an outbound rule, which means additional trunk.

2. Depends whether you are authorized by the provider with user name & password or with your IP address. In case of IP address based authorization you can easily create a second trunk, you need only a different authentication ID for the additional trunk, different from those used into original trunk and not blank. Normally this authentication will coincide with company's caller ID, while the original trunk will contain all DID numbers.

In case you are authorized by user name & password, your provider most probably will not allow duplicate registrations or may not work properly when they are coming from the same address. You may need to define all DID numbers in both trunks, and have different outbound parameters for trunks (one using extensions caller ID and other -- authentication ID (default setting)). This scenario should be tested, if no support is available from the provider. In worse scenario you need to subscribe for second trunk with different username.

Hint: In case you have two trunks with many DIDs and Caller-IDs each from the same (or different) provider(s), you can also manipulate the outgoing caller ID in trunk settings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

Change trunk outbound settings to pull callerid from extension name (make sure to populate this field on all extensions). Make another ext in 3cx and send a welcome email. Add the provisioning file to the app, this will register the second account in the app, you can switch between them in settings. Set the callerid for the second number on the second extension.

MSmeets likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.