• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Switch recording on and off during a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

3CXfoxhallsolutions

Reaction score
My UK call center customers need a way of recording phone calls, but need to also be PCI compliant in regard to the recording and holding of customer credit card details. Their Agent's need to be able to turn the recording off during the part of the call where the customer is reciting their credit card details - then re-engage recording after that.

Currently, the 3CX MyPhone application can control recording, but after you turn recording on with MyPhone, it will not stop until the call is finished i.e. the MyPhone recording feature does not toggle on and off.

I've also tried to implement the Yealink recording feature - but that is not compatible with 3CX ...

Has anybody found a way of doing this???

I have not had any problems recording with the Yealink T28P or the T38G. I have used both the DDS keys and Line keys for the record function with 3CX. It can toggle on and off during a call. Each toggle produces a separate recording file.

Here is an example from a provisioning template for the Yealink T38G that makes the 6th line key a "Record" button. The light flashes while recording and is dark otherwise.

memory16.Line =
memory16.type =
memory16.Value =
memory16.Label = Record
memory16.DKtype = 25
memory16.PickupValue =

What model of Yealink are you working with?

Paul

Thanks Paul
Maybe I just need to have more of a play with this facility ... I'm using t22P and T26P phones.
Thanks for the feedback - as - at least now I know it is possible ...

Just one thing - do you need to enable the recording feature for that extension in 3CX - or does this command override so you just leave recording de-selected in 3CX extension management???

best regards

No need to enable the recording for the extension in the management console. The button on the phone is all you need to trigger recording as desired.

Thanks Paul - that's where I was going wrong, as I thought that you'd have to enable recording at the 3CX extension first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.