Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Switch SIP account before calling

Discussion in 'Windows' started by elzon, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elzon

Hello

Installed the 3CXPhone on Windows but I have 3 different SIP accounts set on it (1 that is linked to a 3CX server, but the 2 others are private SIP accounts)
    It works perfectly for incoming calls.

But when I want to call someone, it uses by default always the first SIP account.

How to choose, call by call, which SIP account to make external calls?

I know that in softkeys we can specify which account to use.
    But I just can't use the softkeys since I never know who I'm going to call, I can't record a new softkey each time I'm calling someone new!

There should be an option when we call to change the account that will be used.

Or maybe it's already in?

David

2. wookee

Hi David, you can change which SIP account you use by repeatedly clicking the line number button prior initiating your call.

I've found 2 ways to do it:

1. Click line 1 and the button will go orange and you will hear a dial tone. Notice in the top right of the phone screen it says your #1 SIP account. If you click the line 1 button a second time the SIP account will change to your #2 SIP account and so on. Once it is displaying which account you want to use for the call enter the phone number then press the green dial button and your call will be made using the SIP account you chose. If you make a mistake entering the phone number and want to start again, press the escape key (Esc) on your keyboard.

2. Enter the phone number you want to ring then press the line 1 (or 2 or 3 etc) button repeatedly until the SIP account you want to use is displayed in the top right of the phone screen then press green dial button.

Regards,
    Dan (wookee)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.