Switchboard Button in v14.2 not accessable when receiving call

Discussion in 'Windows' started by aconitas, Dec 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aconitas

With v14.2 of Softphone for Windows the button to open the Switchboard was moved from the top bar of softphone.
    This has a major side effect to the usability.

Before that change it was possible to open the switchboard if the phone is ringing already. Now an incoming call will block the switchboard button because of the changed position.

Example: Call is ringing and I want to move this call to a free collegue without picking up the call.
    If Switchboard is not running already I do not have any chance to open it, as long as the call is ringing.

It would be great to rethink this and maybe solve it with one of these possible solutions:
    - switchboard back to old position
    - display switchboard button in incoming call screen
    - display "open swichboard" as right click option in systray Icon
    - allow to open the switchboard with commandline (would bring the possibilty to create a shortcut and would even help in scenarios where a wallboard should start automatically)

Andreas

2. nikosT_3cx

3CX Support

Hi Andreas,

the behavior of the 3cx client has changed. For changing this behavior I would recommend to upload a feature request on our website where our Developers check for user 's feature requests about the behavior of the Phone System and about new requests. You may find the link here : http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-ideas-f57.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.