Switching Audio Devices During A Call - i.e. Handset to Speaker Phone

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by JCLloyd, Jan 24, 2018.

Switching Audio Devices During A Call - i.e. Handset to Speaker Phone 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

Caveat: Only USB phones can be used in this scenario. Ethernet phones are not an option.

Scenario: A 3CX user is on a call using a USB headset and decides to put the call on speaker phone so the others in the room can participate.

Hardware-Only Solution: To me, that would be a USB version of a desk phone that has a speaker button. So far, I am not seeing products that do this.

3CX + Hardware Proposal: Have a button on 3CX to switch between a primary and secondary set of microphones and speakers. One could then have a USB headset (or handset) and a USB speaker phone (or internal system microphone and speakers) to switch between.

My Current Workaround: Right now, I can put a call into shared parking, which disconnects my software client from the call. At that point, I can switch my Audio Devices and pick up the parked call using the different Audio Devices.
    . I'm an IT person used to doing technical things. I don't want the end user doing this. I am not versed enough with 3CX to know if I can program a complex script to do this for a user, but I would. Perhaps, in time...

Is this possible for 3CX to implement? Is this possible for me to script in some way?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sopock likes this.
  2. Sopock

Sopock Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    JCLloyd likes this.
  3. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

Thank you, Sopock! I missed that thread, and the referenced inside of that. I see that this has been addressed, repeatedly. Sounds like it is something worth 3CX addressing.

Time to look at other software clients...

4. Florian Daxer

Hello Guys,
    are there any news related to this topic?

Because i am searching for a solution also... ;)

bye
    Florian