Switching from Avaya PBX to 3CX? Keep your IP Phones and Save More!

Discussion in '3CX Documentation' started by Bianca, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Bianca

3CX Support

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

jed likes this.
  2. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

Hi. Any chance you could help with the migration from Mitel to 3CX, using the existing Mitel IP Phones?

3. Philip Darnell

Philip Darnell New Member

I have a potential customer using an Avaya system but have the Avaya 1408 phones, will this work for them?

4. Piers

Hi Philip,

I'm afraid not, 14XX are Digital Station or Terminals (I can't remember which, Avaya had 2 types of digital handsets) but either way they will not work as they are not IP based.

Regards

Piers

5. Piers

Will the 16XX series handset be support in the future (the IP version of 14XX mentioned above)?

They are typically used on the Avaya IP Office which is the more comparable Avaya PBX to 3CX. I believe there is a H323 & SIP firmware available for the 16XX the same as the 96XX series.

Nick Galea likes this.
  6. Andyshawn

I would also like to know if the Avaya 16XX model(1608/1616) will work? I have a client who has over 300 off these phones are and i'm currently setting up 3CX in a lab environment for them, so i know they will be very happy if the 16XX model will work now or in the near future?

Please let me know?

7. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Andy - We are trying to get our hands on these phones and on paper this should work and it fits within our strategy to make this work. So keep testing for the moment :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. reliavail

Will it be possible to use Avaya 96xx phones with cloud-hosed 3CX? I read over the config templates and it looks like Avaya are only supported on the LAN currently, if I am not mistaken?

9. Dgardiner

i too would like to see this for the avaya 1608 and 9608! i have 50 of these from our previous avaya system!