• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Switching from Avaya PBX to 3CX? Keep your IP Phones and Save More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianca Allery

Staff member
3CX Support
Reaction score
If you’ve made the decision to switch from your Avaya PBX to 3CX and start saving on monthly phone bills then we have great news for you. When migrating to 3CX there’s no need to invest in new IP Phones. You can keep your existing Avaya IP Phones - they too work with 3CX. 3CX is ever so easy to install and manage. You have multiple deployment o...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Any chance you could help with the migration from Mitel to 3CX, using the existing Mitel IP Phones?

I have a potential customer using an Avaya system but have the Avaya 1408 phones, will this work for them?

I have a potential customer using an Avaya system but have the Avaya 1408 phones, will this work for them?

Hi Philip,

I'm afraid not, 14XX are Digital Station or Terminals (I can't remember which, Avaya had 2 types of digital handsets) but either way they will not work as they are not IP based.

Regards

Piers

Will the 16XX series handset be support in the future (the IP version of 14XX mentioned above)?

They are typically used on the Avaya IP Office which is the more comparable Avaya PBX to 3CX. I believe there is a H323 & SIP firmware available for the 16XX the same as the 96XX series.

Reactions: Nick Galea
I would also like to know if the Avaya 16XX model(1608/1616) will work? I have a client who has over 300 off these phones are and i'm currently setting up 3CX in a lab environment for them, so i know they will be very happy if the 16XX model will work now or in the near future?

Please let me know?

Hi Andy - We are trying to get our hands on these phones and on paper this should work and it fits within our strategy to make this work. So keep testing for the moment :)

Will it be possible to use Avaya 96xx phones with cloud-hosed 3CX? I read over the config templates and it looks like Avaya are only supported on the LAN currently, if I am not mistaken?

i too would like to see this for the avaya 1608 and 9608! i have 50 of these from our previous avaya system!

Ping me at NTS Direct, 3CX Distributor for the US ([email protected]). Not only are we offering hosted 3CX plans with monthly residual for the reseller, we also offer new and refurbished Avaya phones! 3CX and Avaya = The best of both worlds.

Hello,

I have provisioned Avaya 9608G which is working fine, some small issues which are not to be counted (like display name is not visible on phone).

My question here is, do anyone of you knows where are the provisioning files for phone located (i know they are not in proving folder that why i am asking). I mean its very hard to put user ID and password in every phone i want to get rid of this step.

May be we can built a TFTP or a HTTP server and put the provisioning files in it.

Hi,

Anyone have any issue with Avaya 9608G being auto logoff on random basis each day?

I am looking at fixing the extension to the phone. Can this be done via the MAC address for Avaya?

What's the complete provisioning guide to do so? I can't seem to find it.

Any lead or help is much appreciated. We have gone live with 3CX about 2 months now and this issue is one of the most irritating with our users.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.