Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Sync Yealink Phones with Personal address book & Global Address Book with Multiple Numbers

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by solutionsit, Sep 29, 2015.

Sync Yealink Phones with Personal address book & Global Address Book with Multiple Numbers 4.8 5 8votes
4.8/5, 8 votes

1. solutionsit

I have created a script in a day for V12 to do this but I am sure you guys could integrate it directly.

This would allow multiple phone numbers (Home, Business, Mobile, Business2) to be imported into the phones.
    Also it enables super search on the yealink phones. Which all that should be required would be to put the super_search xml file in the provisioning folder and also modify the yealink templates to point them to the super search xml.

This is not supported by 3cx.

Attached Files:

2. solutionsit

Updated 12/18/2015 New script for version 14
    This script needs to be run as administrator, I usually create a scheduled task to run every hour. Do based on how many phones you have. If you have a 1000 phones hourly would not be good. 20 phones hourly should be fine. Or daily.. Keep in mind as they 3cx updates the software database schema, this script may stop working.

the csv2xml.exe needs to be in the same folder as the script or in c:\windows\system32

Copy the templates into the template folder which is usually C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\phones
    Restart the pbx or restart the abyss service
    These templates also create a speed dial page button 8000, Status buttons: away and available and Qin and Qout. Use them or compare them and include the remote address book, and supersearch settings into your own existing templates

Provision your yealink phone with the custom template

The script makes 3 remote phonebooks on yealink phones, Extention directory, Company addressbook & Personal Address book. This is pulled from the 3cx database so whatever is in 3cx client should be in the yealink phone. It also includes mobile, business... numbers.

This is not supported by 3cx
    I do not guarentee this script will not break your pbx. So test it first and use at your own risk.
    I have used it on 5 pbx's without issue.

Attached Files:

• 14.zip
      File size:
      81 KB
      Views:
  3. solutionsit

This would be super easy to implement if programming. Adding to all brands but can you add this to yealink.
    3 address books
    Extension list
    company list
    Personal list
    If the phone doesn't support more than one or two address books it's ok it will take the addressbook that is in the template so you could specify the most important one.
    As the models support more you can add them

4. Peter Lemmens

I can't seem to get this to work on v15.
    Any chance on changing the script so it works on v15?

The Company and the Extension phonebook work, but the Personal phonebook doesn't work.

#4 Peter Lemmens, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  5. info@matic-tec.de

Should be implemented directly by 3CX. A feature that is often requested, and that since we sell 3cx ... so for many years.

Kongo likes this.
  6. Kongo

7. Jacob Hill

8. manuwj

Need this absolutely! +1

9. inside-computer.de

10. decalabs

+1

This is a baseline feature of a PBX. We migrated several clients in the last two years to other vendors because of this bug. Very disappointing.