• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

System Design Assistance - Migrate Systems - Remote Offices

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjwilson

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the IP PBX world, and therefore have no idea how and if what I want to do can be done.

We are a charity in London, Ontario, looking to bring our external sites into our PBX system for as cheaply as possible.

We currently use a Panasonic Digital PBX at the head office with 11 extensions plus one fax, and 4 external lines.

I would like to convert our system to a 3CX system, but I'm not sold yet on VoIP.

We have 10 other locations in the London area, however the sites are not connected to each other even through a VPN. Phone requirements will be as small as 1 phone at some locations, to as many as 26 at another (which I may want a second PBX at, yet integrate the extensions).

Basically I want the sites to operate as remote, external extensions of our home office using the Internet, but not a VPN setup, and to do it as cheaply as possible. I also want to use existing phones as much as possible, even if that means I need to get ATAs.

Thanks for the help.

You can also reach me at [email protected].

I'd like to place the order for the system by the end of August.

Good morning

Good morning,

How familiar are you with networking and windows systems? If you are new to networking I would recommend getting up to speed on networking basics first.

I would then familiarize yourself with the VoIP basics next. VoIP is not to hard to understand and get up to speed on if you have any networking experience.

Even if you plan to bring in consultants, your time would be well spent doing some research first.

What you have described can be done with 3CX. You just need to get aclimatized to VoIP and familiar with the 3CX software itself. Download the manuals from the 3CX website and do a bit of reading. You will find the software very user friendly. I would also set up some virtual servers to test out the system and architecture that you want to employ using the free version of the software.

Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.