System/Digital Receptionist only handling one call at a time

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kjl1977, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjl1977

I inherited this system just a short time ago, so I apologize if my post isn't detailed enough.

We have 3CX set up in one of our warehouse buildings across the street. We have a 3cx system set up with four lines connected to Gateway 1. All lines are forwarded to a single digital receptionist that plays the menu, etc. Recently, I've had many users in our office try and dial over to the warehouse building and are just getting a constant ring. I did some testing and dialed the number on one phone and then dialed it on another phone. The first call gets through to the digital receptionist. The second call just gets a constant ring. Once the first call hangs up, then the line becomes available again.

Now, it could be that more users are calling over these days and this wasn't a problem until now. So, I'm looking for any insight on what could be causing the issue -whether it is a software issue or just something that I could change in our configuration. We are currently using 7.1.7139.

Thanks!

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: System/Digital Receptionist only handling one call at a

Hi Version 7 is old - this is 2 major versions behind and we cannot know what is happening exactly

Also it would be very important information if you can post the gateway you are using (model and manufacturer) together with firmware loaded on the device.

We suggest that you install the latest Version 9 and upgrade to full service packs available.
    Then restore the backup and try this test again.

After this is performed then we can troubleshoot any gateway misconfiguration or problem in a more effective manner.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.