• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

System doesn't work after some hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

aputia

Reaction score
I installed 3cx free system with some extensions and a voip provider. It works perfectly, but after some 15-20 hours the system doesn't accept registration of the extensions and the voip provider. It is very strange, because when I restart the 3cx services, immediately all works again: the extensions (softphones with mobile/wi-fi connection) register without problem and the voip provider too. I don't know what to do, because on the system log there is nothing related to the extensions registration trying. It is like the trafic from and to external network is locked.

Thanks

Is your network connection up and working before you do the restart? Can you open a browser and connect to the web from that machine, do a ping? Is there any firewall , anti-virus programme any others running in the background?

Yes, I checked everything. The connection is ok, there is no firewall, no antivirus, the console works ok. I noticed that between the extensions, only one work ever: it is a fritz!box phone (connected from the wan). It works anyway. The other softphones (generally connected from the wan by mobile data) work only for some hours, and later no way. The same thing for voip provider (voipcheap). It works perfectly, but after some hours, the 3cx is not able to login. After restarting 3cx (note: only 3cx, not the entire window machine), everything works again.

I have seen the Android softphone stop registering after some time, but, using wifi and only behind some hotspots. Since a 3CX restart seems to clear the problem, I will assume that it is not a remote end issue, in your case.

With something like this, you need to narrow down the culprit. Is it the particular machine, software corruption, something else running at the same time, the network hardware? Running Wireshark might help, but since it take some time for the issue to occur, it might be difficult capturing anything.

If you have a second machine to temporarily install the PBX, then apply your backup,you could determine if it is the original computer at fault, or something on the computer. If that is the case, then try re-installing (after a complete removal) 3Cx on the original machine. Perhaps manually add one extension and the VoIP provider, and see how it goes. If that works then you may have something in the back-up that is causing the problem.

If you still have problems , then you need to swap out things like your router and perhaps any switch on the network.

Unfortunately I have no other machine to try.
Anyway, at some point, 3cx doesn't accept registration from some extensions. Some re-connects on, other not (request timeout). It is like the 3cx is blind to some extension request. The network is ok, so I think there is something wrong on 3cx, or there is some incompatibility with win2003 server.

Thanks

I tried to set the mobile softphone to UDP... and it works (at the moment!!)
But, is it possibile that initially they work in TCP and later not???

Did you try doing a complete removal of 3CX (do a windows explorer and registry search for "3CX" after you think everything is gone), and then doing a re-install.

Don't do a restore of your backup, instead, manually datafill one extension, and see how it goes with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louderapps
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.