• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved System Extensions Unregistered, IVR Service Will Not Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marari

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Ver: 15.5.8801.3 PRO
Platform: Google Cloud Hosted
Machine Type: g1-small (1 vCPU, 1.7 GB memory) (I know it's overkill but more is better)

Issue:
IVR service does not start. Will not start. Can not start.
ALL system extensions show as unregistered (including IVR, which is probably why it won't start...)

Action taken so far:
Stop the VM via graceful shutdown, restart. Same issue.
Restore from last (good) backup. Restart. Same issue.
Restore from initial (good) backup). Restart. Same issue.
Delete VM. Recreate VM using pbxexpress.3cx.com. Restore last (good) backup. Same issue.
Move instance. Create new VM. Manually install 3cxpbx via CLI. Restore last (good) backup. Same issue.
Curse and swear. Same issue, but I feel marginally better.

Any help is appreciated. Logs are not showing WHY the system extensions are coming up unregistered.

Images as follows:

dashboard.png

system_extensions.png

services.png

Hello @Marari

Is the service down before you restore the backup or does it not start after the backup is restored? Also from what version is the backup taken from? Do you have any custom prompts? If so remove them and try to start the service again.

Helo @YiannisH_3CX

I hadn't checked to see, actually. It looks as though the Google Cloud platform changed the external IP address (it was dynamic) and that's when the trouble all started. However, even after doing a complete fresh install and a restore, the issue is still present.

I've removed the custom IVR prompt (which was recorded as per the spec using audacity) and the music on hold playlist (which was also in spec using audacity), and now the services are back up, as is the IVR.

**edit** the IVR and System Services are down after a refresh of the dashboard.

Deleting the custom prompts did not fix the issue.

Please check your inbox as i have sent you a p.m. with what we will need to further troubleshoot your issue.

Thanks for the AWESOME help @YiannisH_3CX

We were able to narrow down the issue to a segmentation fault in the libssl module. The fault was actually not related to 3CX but rather to the google cloud console and their instructions on enabling 3rd party remote SSH access to the VM.

Consider this one solved.

Glad the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the post with your solution :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.