System Hardening

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dpuckett, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpuckett

I have only recently started looking closely at 3CX because we want to be able to offer some customers a low cost easy to administrate solution and this seems to fit the bill but with my security hat on I still have some concerns. Has anyone developed a best practice on how to harden a dedicated 3CX box? What exactly is the minimum requirements with respect to services and protocols needed to fully function. It would be great to have a 3CX security template that could be applied. From what I can tell the following is true. Windows Networking is not required and the system does not require domain membership. It looks like this could be thrown into a DMZ with a minimal amount of ports open to both the Internet and Core. I would be interested in what steps some of you more experienced with the product have done to minimize the risks usually assoicated with a Windows box.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ciscotech2007

Your question is too generic because your not saying what you want to harden the system against.

Basically if you asking 'whats everything I can disable and still have the 3CX server fully functional' it depends on if your running the FREE edition of 3CX or an ENTERPRISE edition.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dpuckett

To simplify the question. Yes, I am asking what all can be disabled.

4. ciscotech2007

Please review the forum posting requirements so we can better assist you;

http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We will be publishing a blog post soon about how to harden 3CX or indeed any phone system. Please watch our blog for this article that should be up in the next 2 weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.