System is not Using Global Office Hours

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Drew9213, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew9213

I have set global office hours for the phone system and configured my gateway ports to direct calls to a specific voicemail outside of office hours... but when i call outside office hours to test, it is still sending calls through to my in office IVR. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Version of 3CX? V? Free? Demo?
    New install, an upgrade or did it recently start this on an existing install?
    Could it be that you are using office hours override and that the system is set to out?

A system log showing the call with the issue would be beneficial.

3. Drew9213

I'm running a new install of version 12. It worked correctly for roughly a week and then stopped working. Here is my activity log from this morning just prior to 8 am (which is the start of in office hours)

Attached Files:

4. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

What does the system believe it is on - In Hrs or Out of Hrs

Under Settings - Advanced - Dial Codes , check for Emergency Code (normally *64)

Check http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/dial-codes/ for use of this code.

5. Drew9213

The system seems to think that it is in office hours and handles calls as such even if the call is well outside office hours. I have already made sure that there are no dial codes set to force the system into or out of office hours.

6. Drew9213

I could use the dial codes as a work around, but I would much prefer to just be able to configure in-office and out of office hours and have them work.

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Sorry I can not read the screenshot... verbose mode might be helpful... not sure you had it checked.
    Goto settings -> advanced -> dial codes.
    Put in a dial code *64 to the emergency code.
    Apply.
    Goto a phone. Dial *64 <send>
    This will reset it.
    Then remove the *64 code from 3cx.

Not sure if this will do it but worth a shot. Also, if you did an update, try removing the time of day settings. saving, then readding them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Drew9213

You, sir, are my new favorite person. Configuring the dial code, calling it from one of the phones, then removing the dial code has fixed my issue. The system is now taking the global office hours that I configure. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.