• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

System Log files

Status
Not open for further replies.

5qg4

Reaction score
I don't want my log files to be stored C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Logs. How can I change them to be located elsewhere on my system?

I would like to know the max. size of log files when the Logging level is Verbose.

Changing log file location

First you have to modify the 3cxphonesystem.ini in the 3cx BIN directory. Change the file locations to your path, eg:

[CallManager\Logger\Outputs\LogFile]
File=c:\3CXPhoneSystem.log

(note the path above is added c:\)

etc etc do this for all simular files.

This will change your logging directorys, now you have to set the web based service to find them, so set the file DATA/HTTP/functions/data.ini

to read:

log_path=C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Logs\

... change to the same location as you set the log files to above.

This is a start I hope it helps. I am checking the max log file under verbose, and will post results if someone does not.

Graeme.

Size of log..

Just found the max size setting in the same file. Its 2048 (2Mb)

Not too large.

Graeme.

Yes. I found it as well at build 2434. All should be 2M excepted the system trace log, it should be 20480K.

However, I found this log file at build 2328 is over 290M when the Logging level is Verbose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.