• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

System phones not changing time after DST

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnonclerc

Reaction score
Good morning, I think I've checked everything but my phones have not switched over to DST. I've checked the DST parameters, made sure the dates were correct and made sure DST was enabled. The system time is correct on the PC as is the domain. What have I missed?

Do your phones have access to an NTP server? Also it could be possible that the DST info is incorrect in the phone template.

Thanks for replying. I have not changed anything in the stock phone templates and it worked last year. These happen to be Fanvil X5Gs. I found a parameter to Enable DST and restarted services but didmn't make a difference.

Had the same issue yesterday with only the X5Gs. I just created a custom template and modified the settings accordingly and reprovisioned the phones. The only problem with my solution is that some of my staff use hotdesking as they float between buildings and the hotdesking uses the default so those phones are off.

--Tracy

Good morning, I think I've checked everything but my phones have not switched over to DST. I've checked the DST parameters, made sure the dates were correct and made sure DST was enabled. The system time is correct on the PC as is the domain. What have I missed?
I am having the same issue.
On our GRANDSTREAM phones the time is off. On our Yealink phones the time is correct.

Ditto with Fanvil X5 phones.

Thanks for everyone's replies. The template solution is a good band aid but it sure would be good to have a proper fix from 3CX.

Template fix: (Pacific DST)

Original template:
````
<option value="4" displaytext="GMT-8:00 Mexico(Tijuana,Mexicali)" id="5" zone="-8:00">
<item name="timezonename">PST_-08</item>
<item name="dstenabled">2</item>
<item name="dstoffsetminutes">60</item>
<item name="dststartmonth">3</item>
<item name="dststartweek">2</item>
<item name="dststartday">12</item>
<item name="dststarthour">2</item>
<item name="dststartmin">00</item>
<item name="dstendmonth">11</item>
<item name="dstendweek">1</item>
<item name="dstendday">5</item>
<item name="dstendhour">2</item>
<item name="dstendmin">00</item>
<item name="timezonex3s">-32</item>
<item name="timezonenamex3s">UTC-8</item>
<item name="locationx3s">2</item>
</option>
````
![Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/lxbQxeX.png)
lxbQxeX.png

You can see from the screenshot of the phones interface that the location is set to Mexico which doesn't start DST util April. By changing `<item name="locationx3s">2</item>` to `<item name="locationx3s">3</item>` it changes to the correct DST for North America.

In the 3CX Dashboard there is no appropriate selection for Pacific Standard Time United States.

v15.5.9348.3
![Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/ruVfUSW.png)
ruVfUSW.png

Wait, but it was there in v15.5.8801.3 :
![Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/L5SmoOu.png)
L5SmoOu.png

Hello,

Can you please tell me the affected time zones and the phones are you using so we can replicate on our end?

Yiannish:

The only phones affected that I have are the X5G and i am in the eastern time zone. It is just missing the hour ahead due to DST.

--Tracy

Fanvil X3s and Fanvil x4.

The failure occurs here:

Where 2 tells the Fanvil phone which DST to use.
In our circumstance we needed DST for PST - United States but the default template:
<item name="locationx3s">2</item> was directing the Fanvil phone to set the DST for Mexico which doesnt start DST till April.

Reactions: DSXDATA
Yiannis,

Confirmed issue with both X4 and X5s. It would be greatly appreciated if an updated template could be pushed out.

Best,

Kirk

Hello,

Can you please tell me the affected time zones and the phones are you using so we can replicate on our end?

Why is this the first timezone listed: (same on Fanvil, Astra, Htek, etc)

<timezoneParams param="time_timezone_yealink">
<!--The first entry is the selected entry in management console-->
<option value="-5" displaytext="GMT-5:00 US Eastern Time, New York" id="0" zone="-5:00">
<item name="TimeZoneName">United States-Eastern Time</item>
</option>

It says "first entry is the selected entry in the management console"... but my PBX is set to "MST no DST"... so why is East -5 coming up first in the template lists / PBX Configuration?

The failure occurs here:

In our circumstance we needed DST for PST - United States but the default template:
<item name="locationx3s">2</item> was directing the Fanvil phone to set the DST for Mexico which doesnt start DST till April.

Yes i can see the issue here and i can replicate. Thank you for reporting.

Reactions: DSXDATA
Confirmed issue with both X4 and X5s. It would be greatly appreciated if an updated template could be pushed out.

Best,

What is your timezone and what phones are you using?

The only phones affected that I have are the X5G and i am in the eastern time zone. It is just missing the hour ahead due to DST.

Which timezone have you selected under extension settings? If it the global then what is selected under the Settings / timezone?
If i provision the phones with US Eastern Time,New York timezone the time on the fanvil is correct.

It says "first entry is the selected entry in the management console"... but my PBX is set to "MST no DST"... so why is East -5 coming up first in the template lists / PBX Configuration?

This was used in V14, in V15 the template uses the default system time to set the time on the phone unless otherwise selected under extension settings.
Are you facing any issues with Yealink DST settings or time issues in general?

Hi YiannisH,

This is related to Pacific Timezone w/ DST. The phones are one hour early in all cases with Fanvil X4 and X5s phones on multiple PBX instances. All are V15 SP3 with std templates & updates current to 3-12-18.

The failure occurs here:

That is actually correct - Mexico is #2. They need to add two more zones for -8 - Canada with location 1, and US with location 3. Possible even PST no DST with location 0.

Mountain time -7 here, 100+ Fanvil X5 phones on latest firmware that are behind an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.