System Prompt Stutter

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stevede, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevede

We are new to the 3CX and got smoothly through 1/2 the setupthen hit a wall. The system is on line, with 5 Yealink phones and a Patton gateway. Calls in and out work fine and sound fine.

Our problem is when the system answers a call (digital attendant or VM) - the recorded prompts (system and manually recored) sound so bad that they are unintelligeable. It is almost like there is a codec mismatch. We have gone through several setup guides and everything looks good. It is not a network problem because normal calls work fine. It is a brand new PC that is running Windows XP Pro and should have plenty of RAM and Proc, it is not doing anything else.

Any ideas as to why system recordings sound so bad?

Please help,

Thanks,
    Steve

2. carolinainnovative

Steve - try putting your system in debug mode and post some logs. Maybe they will give a clue.

Is there anything else installed on the xp machine?

3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Is your PBX installed on a VM machine?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. stevede

Sorry for the late replies. I am new to the forums and thought that I had turned on notification. I just thought no one answered.

Anyways, the answer to both questions is no. Nothing else is running on this machine nad it is not a VM.

I will see about running in debug and posting files.

Thanks for the suggestions and please help me keep up with this. It is becoming a problem.

5. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Steve:

I have seen that happening a few times. Please open the task manager on the server, look under performance, how is the CPU doing? Next, go under processes, make sure that there are no 3CX services steadily climbing on memory usage. We had this a few times on a Windows 2003R2 server with Sharepoint on it. It was an IIS issue...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. stevede

I broke down, licensed the system, and got a support contract. It was only about $600 to do all of that so I guess I cannot complain. If it works I will have < $2k into this phone system which is a fraction of what it would have cost when i used to work on PBX and key systems 10 years ago.

Anyways, I have assigned this out and have a tech working with 3CX support. I will post to this thread when he has a solution.

At this time we are looking at some settings on the system. When support analyzed a capture from Wireshark they said everything sounded OK. It definitely stutters when called from a phone to the system. Voice stream from outside to Patton to phone sounds ok as does phone to phone.

7. stevede

Problem was drivers on the NIC. The PC is a Dell Optiplex 780 with a built in Intel nic on the motherboard. Updating the driver seemed to do the trick. Support had us do a few thigns but this seems to be the final step that really made it work.

All sounds good now.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.