Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

system requirements

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chrisio, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisio

Hi,
    Im trying to find out what the recomended system requirements are for 3CX, I cant find them anywhere!
    what sort of system am I looking at in order to run things.

Thanks
    Chris

2. ess

ess New Member

Hi Chris,

From the manual, all I can find is the information on this link: http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual5/phone-system15.html .

Unfortunately, this does not include the precise system specs that you require. I can tell you that I ran the server on a P3 1ghz machine with 512 mb of ram for months in a small 6 user environment and did not experience significant problems unless there were many simultaneous calls going on. In that case, users would experience lag and skipping. Since, the system has been upgraded to an AMD X2 5000+ with 2gb of ram and CPU usage is very low even with simultaneous calls going on. This system is just an e-machines pc that was purchased at a retail location, nothing special.

So, my only system specs come from my experience so I apologize. I invite other users to describe their servers and deployments so we can further gauge system spec requirements. And Chris, please let us know what you were planning on running for your 3cx application.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. chrisio

Thanks for replying,
    Im only asking as im trying it out on a old p2 duel processor thing and its very bad when there is a couple of calls going on, not really supprising considering the hardware, I have been looking on Ebay and like the look of the compaq dl380's which is dual p3 1.4ghz with 2gig memory.

Im thinking that this should be enough

What do you think
    Chris

4. coelhopsi

Chris,

Mininum system requirements vary a lot depending on many factors, like:

1. Number of concurrent calls
    2. Codecs you plan to use
    3. External / Internal users
    4. Features your users will use
    5. And many others...

Please let us know how you want to set up your telephony system and your current environment and other users with similar configurations may be able to share their experiences with you.

For instance, I'm running 3CX in a virtual machine with only 100Mb of RAM and it's working very well for 3 extensions, 2 VoIP lines, IVR, Voicemail etc...

5. chrisio

Hi,
    to start with, there will be 3 softphones and 4 hard/desk phones and upto 10 extentions. Im just going to use the standard install and codecs that come bundled with 3cx.
    There will be 1 call que/call hunt group and 4 voip lines with the number of concurrent calls no more the 4/5 at any one time.

Hope this is enough information

Thanks
    Chris

6. ecwilson

ecwilson New Member

We are using a DL360R Dual Xeon 2.8Ghz 512cache with 2G of ram.
    This is our basic setup for clients & we have had no problems until
    they hit the 8 call limit. Most clients are setup with 3 to 5 ip phones
    & two voip carriers. The servers are in a data center with public ip,s.
    You can find this setup on ebay for around $300 per server plus or minus.

ecwilson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.