System restore problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by todd, Jul 19, 2007.

1. todd

3CX Phone System v3.0.2328.0

When I restore the system, the system display:

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [function.DOMDocument-loadXML]: internal errorExtra content at the end of the document in Entity, line: 2 in C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\BackupManager.php on line 642
    DOMXPath::__construct() expects parameter 1 to be DOMDocument, boolean given #0 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\BackupManager.php(116): DOMXPath->__construct(false) #1 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\BackupManager.php(649): BackupManager->getExtensionsCount() #2 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\BackupManager.php(298): BackupManager->loadXmlFile('0') #3 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\backup.php(50): BackupManager->doRestore('C:\WINDOWS\TEMP...', true, '0') #4 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\backup.php(2): phpshield_load
    ('AAQAAAAKAAAABGg...') #5 {main}

So, I can not restore my 3cx system.

Any help? Thanks a lot

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Weird.

You are trying to backup the database or restoring the DB.

Make sure you have write and read access to the backup directory.

I have no better ideas at the moment.

3. DaKhalli

DaKhalli New Member

try not to let system restore restore the 3c stuff, i think it messes up the user rights.

Try reinstalling then stopping the services and manually copy all files from a backup, overwriting what in there now.

4. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Hi Todd

Can you replicate the error message? Add a screen shot please if you can.

Thanks

5. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

Sorry mate.. Just to get things clear. Are you backing up 3cx from the Management console and trying to restore the backup?

OR are you create a "system restore point" in windows and then 3cx gives you those errors after you restore to an earlier time?

I am trying to clear things up because if I read correctly someone mentioned a "system restore " of windows and I am not sure if this is what you asked for.

I need to know which scenario to test.

Regards

6. todd

Thank you for your help!

Can you replicate the error message? Add a screen shot please if you can.
    =============
    Sorry, I reinstall all system and Windows already. but I still keep the back up file. I'll try to restore this file anain and post the error message again.

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:07 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

try not to let system restore restore the 3c stuff, i think it messes up the user rights.

Try reinstalling then stopping the services and manually copy all files from a backup, overwriting what in there now.
    ==============
    it is not user rights problem . and I can not manually copy files.

Sorry mate.. Just to get things clear. Are you backing up 3cx from the Management console and trying to restore the backup?

OR are you create a "system restore point"
    ===========================
    The story is: my windows got some virus, I have to reinstall it. before that, I back up the 3CX DB. after I reinstall Windows, I can not restore the DB. it was not "system restore point"
    So I re-config all of my 3CX system. after that that, I try to backup and restore the new DB. looks all good.

I try to edit the .XML file inside the ZIP file. also got error message display some line with error and can not edit even can not read.
    So, I think 90% of the reason is the backup ZIP file with some problem.
    I suggest after backup 3Cx DB, have to try to restore it. make sure the file is working.

Thanks for you help!

7. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Hi todd,

You choose the right way. Don't waste so much time to do nothing. All the unknown issues if it can be fixed by re-install the system and rebuild the config. I also choose this way. However, the lucky not at my side. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think my give up time may be not too far away the future...... If my issue unable to fix.

8. todd

I try to backup and restore my new system. all same.
    if I back untick "Include call history" and "Include voice prompts"
    the file is small size and all working.
    If I tick "Include call history" and "Include voice prompts"

the file size will 30MB. and can not restore. and the ZIP file is working.

So, I think this is the 3cx back system problem.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys have not changed the IP addresses by any chance? That might bugger up the restore.

10. todd

The new error message when I try to back the 3cx system:
    Include call history YES
    Include voice prompts YES

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: File exists in C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\utils.php on line 186

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: File exists in C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\utils.php on line 174

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\utils.php:186) in C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\backup.php on line 88

if without Include call history & Include voice prompts, every things ok.

11. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

In a talk with 3CX support about restoring. A backup with prompts should backup absolutely everything.

If you want to move 3CX to a different machine with a different IP it shouldn't be a problem. Install 3CX and restore from the old server.

Now back to your regular thread.... ;)

12. todd

I try to move 3CX from my server to one of my Pc, It's works.

But, if the backup fild can not restore, even same server will not working

If you did not change all the voice and music congfigration. you can do every thing.