System Speed Dials

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by paul.obrien, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul.obrien

Hi All

I've read the manual (I think!) but I can't seem to find a mention of System Speed Dials. Is this possible? One of my customers has a long list of speed dials which they currently access by dialling *7011, *7012 etc. etc. Is there a similar feature available in 3cx?

Thanks

Paul

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There is a central phonebook. You can sort of create a speed call list by using the outbound rules...rule 111, remove 3, prepend with full phone number. User dials 111 as a speed dial. You have to select a SC prefix that doesn't interfere with your other prefixes.

3. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Leejor nailed my favorite workaround. The ability to have multiple dial plans allows for this type of work around. It is much easier to have a user remember a 3-4 digit short number than the full number. You can even try to allow for dialing using the actual spelling of the name.

I have a customer that has a 888 Dial plan automatically forward the call to my number :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. countrycomp

How many outbound rules have you used as speed dials? I had 50 setup at one site but had some shutdowns on 3cx phonesystem so I replaced them with virtual extensions and "forward to external number when not registered".

Dave Phillips

5. mhanson

mhanson New Member

I havent done more than 10 myself, but I don't see why 50 would cause a system shutdown.

But the dumy extension method you mentioned is also a solid work around.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I use about 80 with no problems. I use 1XX, which allows for 100 speed call numbers. I re-arrange them in numeric order in the outbound rules table. It's a pain but it will clearly show any possible conflicts. I really wish you could set that table to auto arrange by number.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.