System wide 'Speed dial'

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jamie Wright, Nov 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie Wright

I am wanting to know if i can setup a system wide speed dial.
    Instead of using the contacts book i am wanting to give a list of 3 digit speed dial codes to the operators. Eg. code: '201' would call 01234 567891 for example instead of them going through the phone book on there handset. I know i can setup speed dial functions with the blf keys but i need around 400/500 contacts easily accessible.
    The phones i have installed vary slightly, t19p, t27g & t48s.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Jamie Wright likes this.
  3. Jamie Wright

Thanks!
    Would i just dial '*201' once the handset is picked up and press send?

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

you can use a loop trunk to itself and DID table (easy to edit) instead

create a generic sip trunk without registration to the internal IP address of the PBX
    create 4-digit DID numbers for the trunk like 0000 (limitation of 3CX, or * and 3 digits, like *000)
    edit DID and forward call to external destination
    create an outbound rule with prefix like **, *8 or *66 to use this trunk (and remove 2 or 3 digits, depending on code used)

to test -- dial a number like *80000 if you have created DID '0000' and use prefix code *8

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 sip.bg, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that using a loop trunk uses two licences per call, one out, and one in.

And... that example is fine for speed dialling other extensions, (and, unless you are using 5 digit extensions with 3 digit speed dials, I'm not sure what it buys you). If you want to primarily speed dial outside numbers, then you don't really want to send the call out, then back in.

#5 leejor, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Jamie Wright likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.