System wont start

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've installed
    version 3CX Phone System v1.9.464.

I've actually installed and uninstalled it twice and did some additional uninstall cleanup to insure there were no orphans in the way

I put in my Username and Password. (and am using a password manager to insure that Im not mis typing.

the username and password simply vanish

http://localhost:5481/login.php?fError=1

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Password

The login must not be correct. We have not had any error reports about the user name and password vanishing. Is there no error message?

I would try without the password manager - simply type in the user name and password and then please let us know the error message.

Also note that the current version only supports normal characters - i.e special characters or language specific characters such as

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The case of the missing password

I 've only used the password manager to insure that I was actually typing what I thought I was typing.

I entered the simplest possibilities for username and password to diagnose this.

And the reason I reported it to you is that there is no error code. Two things happen when Iclick the login button.

1) the fields for user name a password clear (everything in them vanishes)

2) appending to the url http://localhost:5481/login.php
    is http://localhost:5481/login.php?fError=1

thanks for the help

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We are looking into this

Hi,

We are looking in to this further and will get back to you soon

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Very old version

I just realized that you have a very old version. Please update your build to the latest version.....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the input. Ive downloaded the newest (beta) version
    I've been EXTREMELY careful with user and password and yet I get
    Can't connect to the database server

SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: password authentication failed for user "ray"
    #0 C:\Program Files\3CX\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(35): PDO->__construct('pgsql:dbname=ph...', 'ray', '1')
    #1 C:\Program Files\3CX\Data\Http\functions\fExtension.php(30): CallContext->getConnection()
    #2 C:\Program Files\3CX\Data\Http\functions\fObject.php(19): fExtension->getData()
    #3 C:\Program Files\3CX\Data\Http\index.php(7): fObject->getManager()
    #4 {main}

for an error code.. help

7. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Update

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Are you sure that you have not included any unusual characters in the password? We have made an update which fixes this, and we are soon posting it, but to our knowledge its only for usernames or passwords with special characters. Could you email me what your password was to info <at> 3cx.com?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Password

I solved the problem by installing the software on a different machine in my network. and it works .

I worked through the password issue to the point that my user name was

ray and my password was 1.

the problem clearly was a conflict between the computer I had it on and the software.

9. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Problem

Hi,

Thanks for the update! We would be keen to find out what the conflict was. Did you have other software running on that machine, for example another version of apache for instance? Another version of PHP or postgres? What OS were you running?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

diagnosis

I understand your interest in diagnosing my particular problem would be happy to assist. I'm sure you can sympathize with the fact that working with you to help you improve your product will take me away from things I need to be doing.

So I have a barter to offer. Give me some direct tech support for 3CX and I'll give you all the time and assistance to debug it in my (not so strange) invironment.

Sound fair to you?