Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

T-Mobile US Issues

Discussion in 'Android' started by KerryG, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I have heard some conflicting reports about using the 3CXPhone for Android on T-Mobile in the US. I have a Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S) and it works fine over WiFi, but on 3G it will register, on a call the remote side can hear me but I do not get any audio back. I have tried pretty much every combination of settings with no luck. It will work if I am remote and am using WiFi so it isn't a firewall issue. I then have used my laptop tethered to my phone and used the 3CXPhone for Windows client through my phone's 3G connection and I get the same problem. Enabling the tunnel fixes the issue. So it seems like this is a T-Mobile networking issue versus a hardware or firewall issue. If anyone has any success with T-Mobile US, I would love to hear about it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. liberty2

Kerry, I am using T-Mobile, and have the same sort of issue. I have not tried tethering and using a tunnel from the softphone, but I definitely have problems over the T-Mobile network. Like you, I do not have problems when connecting from a WiFi connection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.