T38 Fax Trunk Setup Difficulties [solved]

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by roadwings, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roadwings

I am trying to setup a T38 fax trunk. The trunk provider uses ip based authentication. The admin panel trunk doesn't verify if it is setup correctly or registerd. There is a green dot but no timestamp under registered ok. I do not have access to a fax machine to test it, but calls from a phone simply fail and do not show in the call log. Where are the more detailed system admin logs? Also, the codecs part of the trunk setup does not list the T38 codec, is this even going to work for incoming faxes?

2. andreaschr

Re: T38 Fax Trunk Setup Difficulties

Hi roadwings

Is this related to v15 ?
    Trunk with IP Based only without Registration do not have information about registration (there is no registration).
    You should Root this call to 888 (fax extension) or to the email of the extension.
    For more info
    http://www.3cx.com/support/fax-configuration/

3. roadwings

Re: T38 Fax Trunk Setup Difficulties

Yes V15. I tripped my way through it, and now faxes come in and are emailed to the correct address. I don't know what was wrong or what fixed it, but some things of note are that I could not get faxes to go to the default 888 extension. I had to make another fax extension for faxes to succeed. Also strange is that I had to include the 1 before the area code in the trunk setup.

The trunk is setup as a Generic VoIP Provider, with all of the codecs checked (but I suspect that is unnecessary), IP based authentication and no other credentials.

Is there an efficient way to send faxes through the 3CX fax server without a FXS? Or should I use other software/solutions for that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.