Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

T38G Handset no sound

Discussion in 'Windows' started by markm3334, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markm3334

Hoping someone can answer:

Just received two refurbed Yealink T38G's for a customer to test. Their system is known working - Cisco SPA phones work fine from same IP address and ethernet port, v14 Pro.

I can make and receive calls from the speakerphone, but the handset has no sound. Thinking I had a bad handset, I switched them. Thinking I had a bad phone, I switched that too. Provisioned or not, I cannot get sound out of the handset (other than a buzz....buzz....buzz, barely audible).

I checked the handset level in the web interface. Tried different firmware to no avail.

Do I just have two bad handsets or is there something obvious I haven't looked at?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there,
    I would think that the easiest way to check is to borrow a phone that is working and test but from the description it sounds like you have 2 bad phones. If the call is established and there is audio coming through the speaker then i would think the issue is with the handsets

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.