• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

T46G call-pickup shown on callers phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank D

Reaction score
Hi,

we are experiencing a strange behaviour when making an internal unsuccessfull call:
(The callee doesn't pick up, but isn't busy). After the caller hangs up a "call pickup" info for the very same call is displayed on the phone of the caller. The call of course isn't active anymore. I am not talking about the call completion message, which will be displayed, if the callee is busy.
This happens no matter whether there is a BLF on the callers phone or not.
This is quite irritating and annoying to the users.

We are using T46G with firmware 28.73.0.48 with 3cx V12. We have call-completion enabled, as well as direct call pickup enabled.

I tested it, the bug only shows, if
features.call_completion_enable = 1

Best regards Frank

The first thing to check is if the phone is running the latest 3CX approved firmware and if not, to upgrade and see if the issue persists. Running V12 may have a different version applicability as my V14 version is showing a much later version, but it may not apply in your case. The other question is that if the callee does not answer, what happens? Does it go to vmail? If so, is it not possible that the phone thinks the call was completed?

Hi lneblett,

thanks for your answer. Yes, the phone is running the latest approved firmware for V12.

The bug shows only, if the callee does not answer. Maybe I didn't described it clearly:

Internal caller calls internal callee. Callee isn't busy, but doesn't pick up neither. After ending the call attempt, the caller gets an "pickup call" notification on his phone for the call, which is no longer active (and you should never get a call pickup notification for your own extension no matter if the call is active (e.g. on another phone) or not.

I can't recall seeing this on a Yealink phone, but it might be some feature on the phone that has been activated and is causing this.

To confirm if this is the case, reset one of them to Factory Defaults and reprovision it using the default template (to be sure), then see if it does the same. If it does not, then at least you know to focus on a function of the phone or something in the template.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.