• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

T46G Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

jholcombe

Forum User
Reaction score
I downgraded two of our Yealink T46G IP phones from 28.80.0.60 to 28.73.0.50. Now the T46G phones appear as $DEVNAME in Server Manager -> Phones. See attached screenshot. Other than that they work fine. Does anyone know if the 28.80.0.60 firmware is supported? The phones shipped with the newer firmware. Is it okay to just use the newer firmware in this case? I've run into problems in the past using unsupported firmware. Thank you!

--John

Attachments

• 20160202phonesdevname.jpg
    20160202phonesdevname.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,415
separate topic but why did you decide to downgrade?

John,
We have hundreds of phones running 28.80.0.60 with no issues at all.
I would say you are safe to run that firmware version even though it is not "supported"

jholcombe said:
I downgraded two of our Yealink T46G IP phones from 28.80.0.60 to 28.73.0.50. Now the T46G phones appear as $DEVNAME in Server Manager -> Phones. See attached screenshot. Other than that they work fine. Does anyone know if the 28.80.0.60 firmware is supported? The phones shipped with the newer firmware. Is it okay to just use the newer firmware in this case? I've run into problems in the past using unsupported firmware. Thank you!

--John

I have also seen this on the Yealink phones that come with 80 firmware that we downgrade to the 3CX supported 73 firmware. I haven't run into any issues, likely it is a Yealink bug. It might clear up if you do a factory reset of the phone after the downgrade (clear database corruption). I haven't tried yet because like you mentioned there aren't any issues other than the visual in the 3cx mgmt console.

It is encouraging to hear the feedback that others are using 80 firmware with 3CX 14 without issue but since I don't have any compelling reason to run the 80 firmware (bug fixes or show stoppers that need the new version) I'd rather run the supported version.

Hi,

we use several T46G with 28.80.0.70.

There is one major issue with this firmware: Devices with extension modules (e.g. EXP40) became very slow. Only a reboot will help. (yealink has a fix with firmware 28.80.0.73, but it's not avialable any more)
On the other side there are a some of provisioning parameters, which are only applicable on V80 firmware.

Completely new: T46-28.80.0.95.zip

Does anyone know the officially supported Yealink firmware for T4x line of phones?

If 3CX could add this to the support phones page that would be helpful:
http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-t32g-t38g-t42g-t46g/

3CXusername said:
Does anyone know the officially supported Yealink firmware for T4x line of phones?

The officially supported firmware is what 3CX phone system offers the phone in the Management console, Phones tab when you choose "firmware upgrade". It will upgrade/downgrade the phone to the supported firmware. This is the firmware version that 3CX and the manufacturer have done their extensive interop testing with.

lifeline said:
3CXusername said:

The officially supported firmware is what 3CX phone system offers the phone in the Management console, Phones tab when you choose "firmware upgrade". It will upgrade/downgrade the phone to the supported firmware. This is the firmware version that 3CX and the manufacturer have done their extensive interop testing with.

Thanks. Figured as much.

I have a case open with Yealink and they really push for their "latest" 28.80.0.70 to be applied before they troubleshoot any further...

Hi,

I think 3CX support already v80 firmware, because in v14-SP2 the T4x templates contain several v80 provisioning parameter.
Do a search for “#The following parameters only applicable to V80” and see for yourself.
I can provision and use the T48G with f/w v80 without any issue.

fyi - Just a heads up to anyone that is looking at the newly released Yealink firmware v28.80.0.95 and doesn't read release notes;)

(Note: The authentication test of 3CX for this firmware version has not
completed yet, it is still in progress.)

I believe the only version 80 firmware that is currently "supported" in v14 are for the phones that don't have a version 73 firmware such as the T29G, T19E2, etc.

I would expect that they will support a consistent version 80 firmware across the current generation Yealink phones eventually.

When version 72 or 73 came out and had important security fixes in it for people remote controlling them 3cx was lightning fast to support that release across the board including changes to the template on the then current generation of Yealink phones.

Since there isn't any major improvements in the version 80 firmware for the phones that support 73 it will get less priority.

I have run into one issue - I'm not sure if it's related to the firmware or something else...

I have a rotating hunt group, 301, that has extensions 101, 102, 103, and 104 in it.

A call (first caller) comes in to 301, so 101 starts ringing.

103 wants to answer the call, so 103 presses their BLF for 101. 103 then can talk to the first caller.

Another call (second caller) comes in to 301 while 103 is on that call. 103 wants to answer the 2nd call, and 103 has "I want to be able to accept more than 1 call at a time" set, so 103 puts first caller on hold, and presses their BLF for 101. The problem is, this time, the call isn't answered (103 keeps ringing and eventually the call rolls to 102). What makes it more interesting is when 102 tries to answer the call, first caller goes off of hold and is answered by 102, even though 103 never transferred first caller to 102.

Not sure if it's a firmware issue or not, but firmware is as follows:
101 - 28.80.0.60
102 - 28.80.0.60
103 - 28.73.0.50 (downgraded)
104 - 28.73.0.50 (downgraded)

I have reset 103 to factory defaults to deal with possible db corruption related to downgrading the firmware.

I have flashed 101 with the downgraded firmware and reset it to factory to clear db corruption.

Both 103 and 101 are re-provisioned.

Now we'll try again in about and hour to see what happens.

Any ideas on anything else that could possibly cause this problem?

Thanks!,

--John

Update - Still have the problem with older firmware. Perhaps I should start a new thread, as this issue might not be related to firmware?

My experience has been that if an extension is in use, the ring group no longer includes it in subsequent calls. In other words, it doesn't pay attention to the "accept more that one call" setting on the extension.

One workaround would be to assign more extensions to the phone (that would be included in the ring group) so the phone would have the chance to answer a "ring group" call, even when it's already on a call.

Obviously it would be better if the ring group paid attention to the "accept more than one call" setting.

Maybe someone else knows how to make that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mendy E
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.