Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

T48 - purpose of Line keys

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Saqqara, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Labelled line keys, but can be used for other functions.

1. Assign another extension to the phone, configured by modifying the provisioning template or manually via the phone web front end.

2, Assign other function, same as the blf keys - again modified via phone web frontend.

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

I generally leave that in but one customer had us remove them and don't have any negative issues related to it. They can still make calls, make conference calls, answer a second call. I removed it from the template and bumped up the BLF keys accordingly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

I generally leave that in but one customer had us remove them and don't have any negative issues related to it. They can still make calls, make conference calls, answer a second call. I removed it from the template and bumped up the BLF keys accordingly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Same here, modify the template to remove these keys - gives you more BLF keys.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The keys are there as line keys are the only keys that can be associated to accounts. In some cases, there may be a need to have a single phone assigned to more than one SIP server/provider or multiple extensions.

As noted, they are programmable so you can tailor to your needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.