Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved T48S won't register, but appears in phones list

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Brad Coats, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Coats

I have a small 3CX system with a couple of Yealink T48S phones connected. 3CX runs in AWS and the two T48S phones are in two different locations. Each location has a Raspberry Pi running SBC.

One of the T48S phones is still working properly. The other phone will no longer register. I've been traveling and I'm not sure when it stopped working, but it was on or shortly after the 15.5 Update 4.

I've completed a factory reset on the phone (multiple times) and I've removed the phone from the extension and phones list within 3CX. Upon reset, it shows up in the Phones list with 3CX. I try to assign it to an extension and it receives the configuration for that extension, but after reboot still says "No Service" and will not register. When I look back in the phone list, it has shown up again as a "New" phone.

Both T48S phones are on firmware version 66.82.0.20. Both were working fine for many months prior to this incident.

The one thing I have noticed is that the nonfunctional phone does say it's connecting from <IP>:5059 via SBC <IP>:5060 whereas the working phone shows port 5060 for both the phone and SBC IPs.

upload_2018-4-6_16-1-4.png

I don't see any attempt in the Activity or Event logs for this phone to register, but it is appearing in the phone list as I mentioned above.

I have also tried creating a new extension and registering it to that extension with the same result.

Once I assign it to the extension and it attempts to provision, I can login to the phone webui using the credentials assigned in 3CX and see that it has the proper SIP parameters -- it just won't actually register to the extension. The phone UI says "registration failed".

upload_2018-4-6_16-14-8.png

Any suggestions? Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thank you!

2. pmterp

Very odd that your phone UI is showing it is set to port 5060 but the server is seeing it attempt to connect via port 5059. Is there any chance the local IP of the phone has any port mapping or forwarding set in the firewall/router that could be interfering?

3. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

If (as you say) resetting, removing and recreating the extension and rejecting in the management console doesn't work then you may want to check the local network of the phone.

Does the router have SIP ALG enabled ?
    There is only 1 SBC correct?

As a potentially quick fix you could just try opening port 5059 in the security group in AWS this is what is most likely blocking it, albeit it doesn't explain why the issue is occurring though.

4. Brad Coats

It appears that this was due to the version of the SBC that I was running. I checked on the installer to see if a new version had been released and realized that the latest installer was designed to only work on the Stretch release of Raspbian. I was still running Jessie. I upgraded my Raspberry Pi to Stretch and reinstalled the SBC using the latest version and it is working perfectly again.

Thanks, pmterp and eddv123 for the suggestions!

5. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

If you try and install the SBC on Jessie from scratch you will get an error stating it is un-supported (In red in the Raspbian console) however there is currently no way to detect this on SBC's already running Jessie.

What would be good is in the management console a way to flag this up as un-supported OS.

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see that issue has been resolved and thank you for sharing your solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.