T49G SP Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vectra, Mar 8, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vectra

Hi Guys,
    after SP5 on V15, SP button does not work properly on Yealink T49G. We are not able to pick up parked call anymore. Any ideas?

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

hi vectra,

Did you upgrade the firmware and template? if not, please upgrade them and let us know if it works.

3. vectra

I installed a latest firmware to see if will resolve issue but no luck. Since there is no template I used T48 template to provision those phones before and they where working perfectly fine including video calls.

4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi vectra,

I apologize as the T49G is not supported IP phone by 3CX.
    Please you can visit the following link to find more information https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

5. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Factory default it and then manually program it ... it'll work! (Used that phone a fair amount)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Dhaval

Hi Jason

Can you tell me what settings did you do on T49G to get it to register with a remote 3CX server? for me it keeps failing and can't find any logs on either the phone or 3CX to understand why.

Any help would be appreciated !!

7. Micahel

Hello Dhaval,

Not sure if this will help your situation but when I uses a phone not supported by 3CX I manually program it to connect to a Session Border Controller (SBC) and have the SBC register it to the server.
    I find this the most reliable way to register a phone not supported by 3CX.

I use a Raspberry Pi as the SBC as it is quick and easy to setup (once you know what your doing).

To manually register the phone to an SBC all you have to do is fill in the following details:

Line Active: Enabled
    Label:
    Display Name:
    Register name:
    User Name:
    Password:
    (All the above details you can get from the extension on 3CX)

Server Host: (this is the SBC IP address) Port: 5060
    Transport: UDP
    Server Expires: 120

Enable Outbound Proxy Server: Enabled
    Outbound Proxy Server 1: (SBC IP address) Port: 5060

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards
    Michael

8. Dhaval

Hi Michael

Thanks for quick response !!

I just read on another post to use TCP instead of UDP and voila...the phone appears as registered.

But back to your suggestion, isn't SBC built-in to 3CX? is it separate piece of software and if so, how do I use it in my setup?

My 3CX server is hosted on a OVH (3cx recommendation) virtual machine running Windows Server 2012.

Can I install SBC on 3CX server itself?

Again, apologies if these questions and comments sound stupid to you because I am new to VoIP setup in the real world.

If TCP works, should I still do SBC? Or should I leave it on TCP?

9. Micahel

Dhaval,

There are no stupid questions here, if you don't know something everyone on here is here to help you out.
    the 3CX SBC software can be installed on a PC or a Raspberry Pi on the local network where you phones are setup and not where the 3CX server is hosted.

Here are some links that might explain how SBC's work better then me and how to configure them:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-tunnel-session-border-controller/ -What it is and how it works
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-sbc-windows/ - How to install for Windows
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-sbc-raspberry-pi/ - How to install for Raspberry Pi

Basicly all the phones connect to the SBC and the SBC connects to the server.

Let me know if you need help with the links (I have not worked with the windows SBC so i may not be much help with that but it looks pretty simple)

Kind Regards
    Michael

10. Dhaval

Hi Michael

Thanks for your help. This worked perfectly fine.

The only issue I am facing now is that the phone loses its registration with the server after a while and we have to reboot the phone.

Once the phone gets rebooted it starts working again and stops working after a while again.

I am in the process of trying to find out how long the registration lasts but is there a setting somewhere which tells either the phone to de-register or is there something on 3CX side where it de-register an extension after a certain time if there hasn't been any traffic from it or anything?

Again, can't thank you enough for the help !!

Dhaval

11. Micahel

Hello Dhaval,

There will be a registration timer somewhere but i wouldn't change this number to high.
    See if you can find the re-registration timer field as this is when the phone will re-register after it drops out.
    I had a similar issue with cisco phones and i ended up change the re-registration field to 1 second so once it drops it will re-register as soon and the connection has been restored.

I'm not familiar with the T49G so i'm not really sure where the field is.
    I'm sure a quick google on where this field is can help you out.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards
    Michael.

12. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

We purchased 4 of the T49 IP Phones and had the same problem. ended up Yealink was not able to resolve so gave us a full refund and downgraded to the T48 with no issues.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.