T56/T58 firmware?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ProudCanadian, Mar 20, 2018.

1. ProudCanadian

Just wondering, there has been updated firmware out for a while now and posts in this forum going back to December about the improvements they bring when used with 3CX.... How long does it normally take for them to get pushed out officially with 3CX?

Really want to fix the super slow CTI issue.

2. nobody

3. ProudCanadian

Saw that, but would much rather have it come through official channels before I start messing with my installation :/

4. ProudCanadian

So does anyone know how I can get a response from 3CX on an ETA with this?

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @ProudCanadian

Please note that the firmware for these phones is currently under testing. If all goes well it will be the supported firmware for an upcoming service pack but that all depends on how the testing will go. For the upcoming SP4 the firmware will most likely be the same as SP3.

6. ProudCanadian

Thanks for the response Yiannis!
    With the previously described post by nobody, is there any real downside if I do that? I am ok with any new issues the firmware brings, as I need the fixes the new version offers.

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The real downside is that the firmware is not fully tested by us in combination with our templates so we cannot guarantee the behaviour of the phone. If you face any issues you will need to downgrade to the supported firmware so we can troubleshoot. Other than that it is up to you if you want to try the new firmware.

8. nobody

I only found only one problem until today: The 58V always blinks with the LED as soon as it goes to sleep mode. Either, you have to disable the energy saver or wait for a newer Firmware or, live with it. I read this behaviour is intended by yealink. Like a heartbeat indicator which shows the phone is still alive even when everything else is dark.