Tablet layout for 3CX app?

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Łukasz R., Sep 17, 2017.

Tablet layout for 3CX app? 5 5 8votes
5/5, 8 votes

1. Łukasz R.

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: Samsung T-705

Firmware Version: 6.0.1

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: Tablet + BT
    Contacts: Google
    Connection: WiFi+3G
    Server: External

I was wondering if there are any plans to support a friendly layout on tablets for the 3CX app. I was trying to use my old device (Samsung T-705) as a drop-in replacement for a desk phone and, surprise, radio :) It's gathering dust anyway, and it's powerful enough to work as a phone on my WiFi with Bluetooth headphones. But the horizontal layout is not available and thus makes it almost impossible to use.

My suggestion would be, and it doesn't seem like a hell lot of work, to implement a nice layout with BLF and some additional, phone-like features. Some of us have older Android tablets, or one can buy a cheap one and use it as a pretty handy, portable desk phone replacement. With all notifications, push calls via Firebase, etc. it sounds like a neat solution...

Tom Quinn likes this.
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Łukasz R.

You should post this as a feature request in the ideas section of the forum where it can be upvoted by other users and evaluated by the appropriate department.

3. Łukasz R.

Sure, you can move it there. I thought Android related topic should be in Android-related forum. Maybe a tagging mechanism would be a help here?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Requests for new features / functionality should be posted in the ideas section so other users can be upvote them. I can move it if you 'd like, you can also re-post it there and provide a link here so that users can know where to go to upvote it.

5. Łukasz R.

Please, just move it.

6. Silly English Kniggit

This would also allow use on the Android desk phones which use landscape mode. We've wanted this for clients for over a year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Łukasz R. likes this.
  7. Łukasz R.

There is a product, call.center. A neat little app. And those guys are really on something - they're app has a really, really nice UI and usability. Scroll on the banner there, 3rd is the thing I am talking about. It's a neat solution, 3CX could be on the border of innovation here and reuse of old equipment. Because let's face it - how many of us have some stashed tablets that we're not using anymore. And if one is really into using old style headphone - there are plenty for less than 20$.

Desk phones is another type of devices that can benefit from that. Also Android-based conference phones like Grandstream GAC2500 and few others. And it's so easy to make 3CX app boot app as default on those devices, so the only interface users would see would be 3CX phone app...