Take off hold - only 1 party hears the other?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by moore, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moore

Hello,

At the moment this is seemingly random (not every call). I can't find any pattern yet..

We make a call, then we put the call on hold for 20 seconds or so, when we resume, the party on the other end can hear us perfectly, but we can't hear them at all. We hang up and call them back and they say they could hear us no problem when we took them off hold.

I believe we have all our firewall rules set OK - 5060 TCP/UDP to 3CX Server, 9000-9049 to 3CX Server.

Anyone have any ideas - I can't see anything helpful in the Server Activity Logs that would pinpoint anything.

Help is much appreciated. We are using the absolute latest version (not the v9 beta) and have SPA525G phones.

Thanks in advance!

Nigel

2. moore

Hmmm, i'm still having the problem. We have given up putting people on hold as it happens too often now.

Anyone with any ideas?

TIA

3. pjr

pjr New Member

Take a wireshark capture of the call and post it here.

Does the same thing happen when placing an internal call on/off hold?

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mfm

mfm Active Member

When a party is place on hold, the call is then routed to the Media server of the PBX to play the music on hold to the user. For whatever reason when you remove it on hold, the negotiation of his audio is not being redirected correctly. And yours is. A ticket would be a prefarable approach to this situation.

Also what phones are you using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.