Taking a landline number and call forward (not directly 3CX)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by h2009, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h2009

h2009 Member

Hi there,

Im trying to think of a way to forward calls from my current BT (service provider of landline) number after i cancel my landline.

I still want to keep the number but manage it so that i can forward any calls received on it to another number. Is this possible in any way?

I.e. like number porting, but managing the porting myself.

The only way i can think of is using the porting service from voiptalk.org, and then having that line registered in 3CX to ring all extensions - but this way i couldnt mask my out going calls.

The other way is get a cheap landline & port the number over, forward calls made to that to a local voip number and then to 3CX.

Can anyone think of another way?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Halea

Halea New Member

What do you mean by "not being able to mask the outgoing calls"? You mean turn off the caller id?
    If that's the case, some VOIP providers (at least in the US) allow you to turn off the outbound caller id. But none of them permit generating your own.
    Just curious, how expensive is it to run a consumer grade bare-bones BT landline in UK nowadays? (My last extended stay in UK goes back to early 80's)
    Halea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.