TAPI for Mac users

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by crmaddon.com, May 3, 2016.

1. crmaddon.com

Hello,

there is the 3cx Plugins application that lets you integrate some CRM Products or Outlook and this one also makes it possible to install a TAPI but unfortunately this is only applying on Windows systems.
    I think it would be usefull to add a TAPI for Mac since TAPI is the easiest way to integrate 3cx into any CRM system.

Best regards,
    Fabian Zimbalev
    CRMADDON technical support

JakeC likes this.
  2. JakeC

Has this been implemented?

3. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

I should point out that TAPI is a technology sponsored by Microsoft that has not received an update in nearly 20 years. While there are still some systems out there that support TAPI, this is an outdated dead technology in my opinion. The only reason TAPI is still around is to maintain backward compatibility with legacy systems. A far more common approach today is a REST based API using OAUTH for security authentication. That doesn't mean that TAPI has no value, it does, but I would not characterize it as "easy", "common", or "secure". Frankly, I was surprised that 3CX released a new version of their TAPI drivers, but I give 3CX heart-felt appreciation for maintaining backward compatibility with previous versions of 3CX. Good job 3CX!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Nick Galea likes this.