• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

TAPI support in version 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans

Reaction score
Is there stil TAPI support in the version 12 Windows Pc client?

The Version 12 is still in Beta and there are still many features missing/not implemented.

You need to keep updated with the blog at http://www.3cx.com/blog to additional announcement and the proper feature list once it is released.

As I have read, TAPI for Outlook has to be bought separately. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :twisted: :twisted:
In Version 11 it was included.
Is this really true?

Greeetz

Carsten

It is included into V12RC1, but seems not working, at least I didn't managed to receive incoming call notification / pop-up of contact card. I can make outgoing calls from Outlook 2007, but nothing happens on incoming (phone is ringing only). Also I didn't manage to notify external program about incoming call in 3CX Phone for Windows 12 (RC1).

@eagle2

I have run a confirmation test - it works, as long as the plugin is installed correctly, and 3CX Phone for 3CX Phone System V12 is running as well.

@Kevin:

I suspect some conflict with older V.11 components, afterwards I deinstalled everything from V.11 and V.12 and made a new installation of V.12 3CX Phone for Windows and 3CXCRM12.exe, but still didn't succeeded to integrate with Outlook 2007 and to notify external program. I will try to reinstall it again, as well as MS Outlook.

BR

@eagle2

http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/new-3cx-crm-plug-in-module/

The Outlook integration portion is now a separate installation module - did you install this?

Yes Kevin, twice, before that I've deinstalled the 3CXCRM11 module and Desktop Components and rebooted the Win 7 ultimate PC. I will wait for next build, before trying again. Also I didn't managed to use 'Call notify of external program' and 'Command Line API'. These features are widely used by some of my V.11 customers. Looks like V.12 is too early to be used in commercial environment (still no official release), but even for tests. Also the softphone must be working as phone, not only as replacement of MyPhone. It is good to get rid of Silverlight, but this is not enough.

@eagle2

The 3CX Phone is still not feature-complete, and we will be adding in the SIP component VERY soon. Just a little patience, we're getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.