Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

tel: links not working correctly (Windows)

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by BSHC, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BSHC

After the most recent Windows Client update, "tel:" links no longer behave correctly.

Previously, formatting of the number did not seem to matter: "tel:2027621401" worked the same as "tel: (202) 762-1401" without issue.

After the update, the client is interpreting "tel: (202) 762-1401" as "202207621401" after clicking.

Any ideas? Windows Client version 15.5.8801.3. Using the Chrome extension fixes the issue, but it cannot be used in this particular case.

2. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

I thought I'd give this a bump... The client seems to be translating the space character into its ascii equivalent of "20", instead of stripping it out. I am fairly new to 3CX and not familiar with what you are doing, so I got myself tagged in case 3CX responds with an answer!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

I don’t have any issues with Windows Client version 15.5.8801.3 and dial a number like “(202) 762-1401”
    Only difference is I’m using FireFox. Maybe Chrome is causing the issue?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

The issue appears to be with the client (assuming Windows).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.