• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

tel links on v12

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigreilly

Free User
Reaction score
I have 3cx v12 installed - 64SC Standard.
I have 3cx Phone for Windows installed. It is working in CTI mode with my Yealink T46.
In Chrome, phone numbers are now tel:// links.
I click on one. A command box pops up and goes away. Nothing happens.
In my registry, tel is linked to
Code:
C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\CallTriggerCmd.exe -cmd makecall:"%1"

Should this be working?

Even typing this in manually into a Command Prompt does nothing.

craigreilly said:
In Chrome, phone numbers are now tel:// links.

Are you saying the Chrome behaves differently from that of Firefox or IE?

I do not have FF installed.
In IE: no links at all.
In Chrome I do have links, but:
I click on one. A command box pops up and goes away. Nothing happens.

I have even uninstalled 3cx Phone for Windows and reinstalled.

I can confirm that running that command -
Code:
C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\CallTriggerCmd.exe -cmd makecall:"%1"

and substituting %1 for a phone number ala:
Code:
C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\CallTriggerCmd.exe -cmd makecall:"803-555-5555"

does make it attempt to dial out. Now, because I have two phones, I wasn't able to grab the call as I think CTI sent it to the one at my office (and I'm doing this from the house) - BUT - it does work.

Now, tel:// links themselves - on my system, they're going to skype, as I just discovered. I never received any option to make 3cx the default, and it doesn't show up in "Default Programs" to MAKE it default... so I'll uninstall and re-install later and see what happens, but I can confirm that on my system, running CallTriggerCmd with makecall as specified above does work.

I also set the registry key for tel links to match the command above, and it then makes calls appropriately via CTI using tel:// links.

Like I have mentioned the command prompt opens and closes with out doing anything.
Cti commands in windows phone work however.

And trying code manually doesn't work.

Well, you asked "should this be working" - the answer I'm telling you is YES. It should be working. It is working as intended on my system.

Thank you - and doesn't require PRO license correct? I have 64SC (I guess standard?? - I bought as v11)
I will check some other workstations... Thanks for the info.

I would think not, because this should be functionality of 3cxphone - not the phone system itself. Although- I am running the equivalent of a pro license.

I also just checked and it works in 3cxphone mode (ie not CTI) as well...

Good luck!

Thanks Chavous
I tested 3cx Phone and CTI and both just pop up a command prompt saying "CallTriggerCMd" and goes away. So, I know the command is being sent.

Can you perhaps send me a copy of the 3cxwin8phone.exe.config file so I can see if someting is different there?

FWIW - I was seeing this exact same behavior - the cmd window would pop up & disappear with nothing happening. Couldn't get this to work just running CallTriggerCmd.exe from the command prompt either. We upgraded to a Pro license (for other functionality) - but after the upgrade the CallTriggerCmd started working as expected.

I did notice that on this page (http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cxphone-for-windows-api/) it mentions that "Development using 3CXPhone for Windows Plugin API requires 3CX Phone System PRO License." Granted, I wouldn't consider the use of the CallTriggerCmd executable that ships with a 3CX Std license to be considered development and require a PRO license - but I'm not making those decisions for 3CX :) Then again, that is the same page where they walk through creating the CallTriggerCmd.exe project using the API.

Re: Skype - I had the same behavior with tel: links. You don't have to uninstall Skype, there is a setting in the Skype options where you can disable it from registering as the tel: link handler. If you don't disable this option and keep Skype installed, Skype will re-register as the handler for tel: links every time you launch Skype.

Chad

I saw that too - but wouldn't consider that PRO functionality...

I know this is an old thread but am hoping someone can help me.

I had callto:// links working just fine for years until I upgraded to Windows 10 and it installed Skype.

Skype changed the registry key and even though I have changed it back CallTriggerCmd.exe no longer works. I have tried typing directly into the command line and it does nothing.

i have install 3cx client v15,and im using MyPhoneCRMIntegration.DLL v15 in your example "CallTriggerCmdPlugin" in visual studio
i added every settings,but when i run the example in CMD command like "
C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp>CallTriggerCmd.exe -cmd makecall:+919974189589"
not working
and after execute "C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp>"
can you please help me how can i run?????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.