Telasip

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jonathan, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan

I am looking at switching our phone system from asterisk (unix) to 3cx and curious if anyone has config settings to connect to Telasip.

I have installed the software on XP machine and set up a couple of internal extension that appear to work great. I now want to connect to our VoIP provider (telasip) but am a little unsure which template is best (Generic SIP Trunk?). I have tried various templates with varying success.

One issue is when i call out it doesn't send the callerID. Also there is a long delay between dialing the number and ring.

I am a total newbie so any help would be greatly appreciated..

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Jonathan,

If you are new to this stuff the best thing you can do is use a supported VOIP provider. These templates work out of the box.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jonathan

Unfortunately Telasip is the provider the Company uses so i can't change that. Their Asterisk box is working with Telasip OK but the box is old and they want it upgraded and have been looking at the AstersikWin32 product.

In my eyes the 3CX looks a more polished product so we (I) want to test with this first.

I was hoping someone would have used Telasip and 3CX.

4. Jonathan

I can get it to work although there appears to be some issues which i would like to get resolved;

1. latency on some calls connecting
    2. Not sending caller ID
    3. Extensions and VoIP line not registered after server reboot

It may be the case that we just upgrade our box and run Asterisk as that is working and we have all the config files.

I'll keep sweating and shedding tears for a little longer :shock:

5. Jonathan

#2 - Has anyone successfully sent callerID - i am using generic SIP trunk template and am unsure on what needs to be added and where.
    #3 - The machine was clean. For some reason it doesn't authenticate with the phones after a reboot. A quick solution is go into each extension and re-enter the password which then registers it.

The real problem at the moment is be able to send the outbound CallerID so any help here would be great.

6. Jonathan

We are using;

Grandstream GXP2000 - Program-- 1.1.6.16 Bootloader-- 1.1.6.5
    Aastra 57i - Firmware Version-- 2.2.0.166 Boot Version-- 2.0.1.1055

Both system experience the same problem.

7. Jonathan

Still interested in advice on sending outbound callerID with calls ... anyone!! :roll:

8. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Telasip uses a custom field for outbound caller ID. In any case, ask them exactly what SIP field they use for outbound caller ID. Then in the VOIP provider configuration, specify that field in the outbound templates and match it to the caller ID field....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Jonathan

Telasip use the Remote Party ID for OutboundcallerID.

I changed;

Remote Party ID - Calling Party : Display Name = "LineID" internal number of line
    Remote Party ID - Calling Party : User Part = Custom Field <OutboundCallerID>
    Remote Party ID - Calling Party : Host Part = "GWHostPort" gateway/provider

And it works... yipeee

Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction.

:mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.