Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Telephony card TDM800P

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by porras, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porras

Hi,
    I have a telephony card model TDM800P and I need to know if I can use this card with 3CX PBX Edition version 15.5.0.
    I want to use that card as a gateway, is that possible?

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Most probably not, 3CX has never supported any telephony cards, only external gateways.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. porras

Thanks for your help guys.

5. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

And how made this card working with 3CX?
    What OS? Linux is available for just an year...

6. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

I've never heard about 3CX supporting telephony cards, nor have seen any information about it.
    Beronet and Grandstream are external standalone gateways, not telephony cards.

7. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

trifif likes this.
  8. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Yes, but the question is whether these cards can be used by 3CX, Digium / Asterisk / FreePBX are supporting them with sure.

9. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Could you point a reference ?
    It's very interesting.

#9 sip.bg, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  10. porras

So... Do you know how to configure my TDM800P?

11. porras

I am using Debian.

12. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Still the question is how 3CX can utilize them, even the OS (Windows or Linux) recognizes them. Asterisk has special drivers for them (DAHDI), but not 3CX. External gateways are SIP devices and their used similarly to SIP trunks from providers, this is not the case with internal telephony cards. Please give a reference with 3CX or somebody from 3CX support to confirm it.

#12 sip.bg, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Edi Kojsi likes this.
  13. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Edi Kojsi likes this.
  14. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

I've installed various systems for companies for years and I stick to what manufacturers support rather than what I can get to work. If I die or company goes away I don't want my customer left in the dark with figuring out my magic.

sip.bg and Edi Kojsi like this.
  15. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Just to add a note on the support/un-supported status of the beroNet PCI cards.

To get these working you have to bridge the card with the PC's Network card (as there is no network port on them). Due to this extra configuration I would say that this would make them "unsupported".

16. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

If somebody (3CX), someday (v.16) writes the necessary telephony card drivers, who knows ...

3CX acquired recently Askozia, who were supporting built-in DAHDI cards (Beronet), but Askozia was based on Asterisk.

Still standalone gateways could be preferred solution, especially into hosted / cloud environment.

#16 sip.bg, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.