Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Template Names

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I have modified the Yealink T38 Template (compatible with v70 firmware).
    I changed the <name> to Yealink T38 v70 so I could differentiate from our current T38 template on our live phones which is not v70.
    However, in the list, the template name still shows up as Yealink T38 - so I have 2 of them. I think it is pulling the <model> instead. However, changing the model I think screws up the rest of the template doing the IF THEN routines.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

i tested that with yealinks, as you said it using model for template name... just as you I edited model name e.g. Yealink T22 to Yealink_T22_CUSTOM, but if you change model name where you already did (model), you must changed it on all places in that template... if not you will have Yealink_T22_CUSTOM but on other places in that template will still be Yealink T22 (Yealink_T22_CUSTOM-Yealink T22-> two different things), so when changing the model name find all e.g. Yealink T38 and replace with Yealink T38 CUSTOM.
    Now you will have in your template list :
    T20
    T20 CUSTOM
    T22
    T22 CUSTOM

Also when i Saved that template I rename that config file (xml), if I leave that config file with default name phone provisioning template update overwrite my changes...

part of my template:

<name>Yealink T2X_CUSTOM</name>
    <url>http://www.yealink.com</url>
    <models>
    <model>Yealink T18 custom</model>
    <model>Yealink T20 custom</model>
    <model>Yealink T22 custom</model>
    <model>Yealink T26 custom</model>
    <model>Yealink T28 custom</model>
    {IF model=Yealink T28 custom}
    phone_setting.lcd_logo.mode = 2
    lcd_logo.url = http://%%pbx_ip%%:%%pbx_http_port%%/provisioning/logo/yealinkt28_CUSTOM.dob
    {ENDIF}

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Yep - I got that much... what good is the name if 3cx is not going to use it ? :eek:

Anyhow, I have realized I can not use the current Yealink firmware. The T38 v70 does not have a Multicast listener as of yet. (Not sure why they added a Multicast Button without a Listener)...

I need to stay on my custom firmware until they release an update to v70.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.