• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Template Refresh Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg@summitrad

Reaction score
I am wondering what the refresh interval for picking up new phone provisioning templates, or changes to existing phone provisioning templates are. We are working from this directory: C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\nr8p9nfn4a\CustomTemplates\phones

for all of our custom templates. Generally, any changes to the templates or new templates added to that folder will not show up until the next day. Old version were instantaneous. We add it, or changed it, and it would be there available for our use or testing.

Is there someplace else I should be putting these templates or working on them? I don't use the Template Editor in the Management Interface as it just doesn't have tools to make it easy (search, find and replace, etc). This refresh interval only became an issue with V14. 12.5 and below , as I said, were instantaneous. I've tried dropping them in other directories
Like:
C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\phones
or
C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\phones

And they never show up if they are put in either of those two locations.

Any helps is appreciated. It makes creating, editing, and/or testing templates very inconvenient.

Thank you.

Greg
Summit Radiology P.C.

Why not use the template interface and copy/paste into a Notepad or Notepad+ document.
Make the changes. Copy is back over...

Probably my biggest reason is the template size. Even the 12.5 and earlier templates were 2000+ lines. The new Omnibus V14 Templates are over 7000 lines. If you have several of the phone types within a template, you don't delete much out of them.

Related to the size, I have found these templates to be VERY picky. One missing closing > or an extra one and the whole thing doesn't work. 3CX doesn't warn you until you go to try and apply it to a phone. Notepad+ tells you if you have your language set for XML. For me, I think the biggest danger of messing up is during the copy/paste process.

It's not a bad idea though. Especially if you only have 1 or two phone types and can reduce the amount of lines of XML in the templates.

I did find out, when i save a template in the interface (even a dummy one) it reloads the list. So my new templates show up for use right away after clicking apply.

Thank you for the idea, or I would not have found that applying in the interface reloads the templates.
Greg

This works bets for me:

First through the Management Console go to the Provisioning Templates, choose the default one I want, make a slight change , (like the name), press OK and save with a different file name. This will make the new custom template show up instantly in the Management Console Extension drop-down.
After that, simply go to the folder C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\<random folder name>\CustomTemplates\phones\ and continue editing from there.

Same issue in the most recent build.

Cant actually edit the template in 3CX > Settings > Templates Can copy out but have to edit the template manually in Notepad++ to make any changes. I'm now stuck waiting for 3CX to refresh the template on the web dashboard so that I can push it to the phones.

Any way to force an update?

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.